[ovs-dev] Fwd: [ovs-discuss] Regarding open-vSwitch errors

APURVA PATIL apurvap25 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 03:48:11 UTC 2013

On establishing the open-vSwitch connection on the host , I have a doubt in
properly understanding the folloowing problems :

 I am not getting the networking details how does the host gets Internet
connectivity even when the eth0 gets an IP of 0.0.0.0?
Is it  through br0?
What doe up while specifying eth0 to become 0.0.0.0 specify ?
How does that actually work?
And how do the VMs get the Internet connectivity just by enabling the
option to connect to the bridge during its installation?
Means how does the VMs also get IP addresses?
          Networking part is not at all understood.

--
Apurva Shirish Patil
B.Tech(I.T.)