[ovs-dev] OpenFlow 1.3 development question

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Tue Jan 8 17:28:14 UTC 2013

>   Recently I am researching on OpenFlow 1.3 specifcation, and I want to
know about the development plan for OpenFlow 1.3 of OVS.
>   I have found there is a file named OpenFlow-1.1 in the master branch of
OVS, does this mean the OpenFlow 1.3(or OpenFlow 1.1+) related work will
only be  developped
> on the master branch?

Yes. We only add features on the master branch.  Open flow new version
support is not an exception.

> and will not be targeted for 1.8/1.9?

It will not be targeted for earlier branches.

>   If it's targeted for master branch, does there is any timeline for the
OpenFlow(1.1+) release?

There isn't.  If you want it to happen faster, you can send patches.