[ovs-dev] exporting port-to-ifindex mapping

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Fri Jun 7 22:27:22 UTC 2013

I think it should go into Interface.

The field should be mutable, because its value is not known when
ovs-vsctl (or another OVSDB client) adds the Interface record;
instead, ovs-vswitchd fills it in later.  Otherwise your plan sounds
right.

Other interface status columns, such as 'link_state' and 'mtu', behave
much as I would expect ifindex to behave.

Thanks a lot!