[ovs-dev] [threads 07/11] Replace all uses of strerror() by ovs_strerror(), for thread safety.

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Mon Jun 24 17:57:02 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 12:33:29PM -0700, Alex Wang wrote:
> Looks good to me, just found two places where the line length exceeds 79,

Thanks.  I fixed the one in our code and left the other one in sflow
code alone (the line was already too long there and I don't like to
mess with the sflow library).

> Also, want to ask does it make sense the add line length check during
> 'make'?
>
> e.g. the check can be as simple as:
>
> grep '.\{80\}' file

So far, the rules that we check at make time are safety rules, not
style rules.  I prefer to enforce style rules socially rather than
mechanically.  (And occasionally wider code is more readable than
narrower code.)