[ovs-dev] How to measure the time that ovs needs to process a packet

Xiaoye Sun sunxiaoye07 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 19:54:51 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Does anybody know how to measure the time consumed  by processing a packet
in ovs?
More specifically, by adding some time measuring functions like
clock_gettime() or gettimeofday() in ovs somewhere, I could measure how
much ovs uses to process a packet. The reason that I want to measure it is
that I want to compare the time needed during pipelined flow table matching
and single flow table matching. Does anyone know which file in ovs contains
the code starting to process a packet?

Thanks!

--
Xiaoye (Steven) Sun, Ph.D. Student
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) & Department of