[ovs-dev] Questions about ovs threads patches

jerry jerry.lilijun at huawei.com
Wed Jun 26 08:46:38 UTC 2013

Hi Ben,

I noticed that you have sent out 01~09 of 11 patches on files named ovs-thread.c and ovs-thread.h.

But I can't find the last two patch of them. Also the defined functions and data structures are not
used in latest open vswitch codes from git repository.

Is your work to make ovs multi-threaded? What's the train of thought on the work?

In my guess, maybe you separate the work of ofproto run or run_fast from ovs-vswitchd process and
run the work as a single thread. Is that right?

Best regards,
Jerry