[ovs-dev] [meters 0/9] Revised meters patch 4/5 proposal

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Fri Jun 28 16:33:00 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 04:28:40PM +0000, Rajahalme, Jarno (NSN - FI/Espoo) wrote:

> On Jun 28, 2013, at 19:09 , ext Ben Pfaff wrote:

> >> OK, with the rationale that actions lists are short on average, so
> >> it does not matter scanning them twice.
> >
> > I agree, but my actual rationale here was that, if it is present, the
> > meter action will always be the first one, because of the ordering
> > constraints.
>
> I did not came to think about that, but for flows without a meter
> instruction this does not matter...

Not sure what you mean by that.  To expand: if there's a meter
instruction, it will be the first ofpact, so if we hit something that
is not a meter instruction we can stop looking.  The actual code is a
little more general in case we add another instruction that gets
ordered before the meter instruction, but it should have the same
effect.