[ovs-dev] my understanding and question about internal type device.

黄登辉 huangdenghui at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 13:14:43 UTC 2013

  My understanding of how internal type device work.
       Internal type device is special. when a packet sent to internal type
device from outside, it will immediately forward to openvswitch module to
decide where to go?
when a packet sent to internal type device from openvswitch module, it will
be forwarded to internal device by netif_rx as PACKET_HOST packet.

And i know, when user use ovs-dpctl add-dp dp1, it will create one same
name internal device  dp1.

  My question about why openvswitch need internal type device? what kind of
role internal type device play at openvswitch?