[ovs-dev] my code for review is now available from github

Kyle Mestery (kmestery) kmestery at cisco.com
Tue May 21 16:05:50 UTC 2013

On May 21, 2013, at 10:44 AM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:
> As an organizational tool for developers who might be interested in
> reviewing my code, I've now posted all my outstanding unreviewed (or
> review in progress) code as branches in the github repository visible on
> the web at:
>        https://github.com/blp/ovs-reviews/branches
>
> This is an experiment to see whether it helps to get my code reviewed
> more promptly.  For now, I plan to keep the repository up-to-date as I
> post new patch series, apply feedback, and merge code into the master
> repository.  If the experiment is successful, then I'll continue to do
> this indefinitely.
>
> You can clone the repository via:
>        git://github.com/blp/ovs-reviews.git
> or
>        https://github.com/blp/ovs-reviews.git
> and probably other ways too.

This is actually quite handy Ben. One thing which I think would be interesting
to look at in the context of reviewing OVS code would be to incorporate a tool
like Gerritt. Have you given any thought to this? I realize this is perhaps heavy
handed given the number of people contributing to upstream OVS at this time,
but may help out specifically with reviews.

Thanks,
Kyle