[ovs-dev] [xlate 1.11 0/9] xlate series to branch-1.11

Ethan Jackson ethan at nicira.com
Wed May 29 21:24:32 UTC 2013

This is the backport of the recently merged xlate series to
branch-1.11.  I'm sending it out to the list as a backport of this
size is slightly unusual, and therefore deserves some explanation.

Because of a potentially large performance benefit, we're planning
to backport userspace megaflows to 1.11 when Justin is finished
with them (soon).  This series requires the final patch of this
series "ofproto-dpif: Revamp xlate_actions() interface."  That
patch, doesn't strictly require the entire series, but (in my
judgement) managing a half-backported series is going to be a bit
of a nightmare, so I've decided to submit the whole thing.

I'd a appreciate a review of xlate_in_init(), xlate_out_uninit(),
and xlate_actions() in the final patch of the series.  Specifically
focusing on how the tunnel_ip_tos field of initial_vals is handled.
Everything else backported trivially.  Once that's reviewed,
assuming there are no objections, I'll push this.

Ethan

Ethan Jackson (9):
  ofproto-dpif: handle_flow_miss_common() without facets.
  ofproto-dpif: Avoid redundant facet_find() in facet_lookup_valid().
  ofpbuf: New helper ofpbuf_equal().
  ofproto-dpif: Ditch SLOW_MATCH slow path reason.
  ofproto: Ditch SLOW_IN_BAND slow path reason.
  odp-util: Make slow_path_reasons mutually exclusive.
  ofproto-dpif: Move odp_actions from subfacet to facet.
  ofproto-dpif: Rename action_xlate_ctx.
  ofproto-dpif: Revamp xlate_actions() interface.

 lib/odp-util.c         |   57 +-
 lib/odp-util.h         |   18 +-
 lib/ofpbuf.h           |    6 +
 ofproto/connmgr.c      |   15 +-