[ovs-dev] [meter-bugs 3/6] ofp-actions: Allow meter actions in ofpacts_verify().

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Tue Nov 5 17:40:32 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 09:25:04AM -0800, Jarno Rajahalme wrote:
> I have no idea how I was earlier able to to test anything and not
> notice this.

I am also surprised.

> The fix seems right. However, upon re-reading the spec (1.3.3), it
> seems the instructions in the instruction set should be accepted in
> any order and executed in the order specified. Thoughts?

It should only be possible to trigger the "instructions out of order"
message if one uses one of the Nicira extensions to OF1.0.  With OF1.1+,
OVS parses the instructions and then orders them properly when it
transforms them into ofpacts, which means that OF1.1+ cannot trigger the
message if ofpacts_verify() is correct.  (Obviously it wasn't, but this
commit fixes it.)