[ovs-dev] OpenvSwitch for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Vina Ermagan (vermagan) vermagan at cisco.com
Sun Nov 10 04:38:52 UTC 2013

Hi Jesse,

We have started working on implementing LISP support in Linux kernel,
following the VXLAN and GRE model. However that process will take a little
while. On the other hand, Lori submitted a patch for generic L3 tunneling
in OVS (about a month ago), which is still pending review. That patch
should help in closing this gap, until the linux implementation is ready.

In the meanwhile, we rely on the OVS 2.0 out of tree Module for the LISP
feature.

Best,
Vina