[ovs-dev] Windows port status

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Tue Nov 19 16:37:15 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 12:22:40PM +0000, Alessandro Pilotti wrote:
> The freshly released Visual Studio 2013 is the minimum supported
> version due to its improved C99 support that avoided us a few
> headaches.

Guru, have you been using the compiler from VS2013?  I see that it still
does not implement %zu even 14 years after it was standardized, but I
guess that some of the other fixes should help us write good code, in
particular http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/hh409293.aspx
says that VS2013:

    Supports these ISO C99 language features:

        _Bool

        Compound literals.

        Designated initializers.

        Mixing declarations with code.

and the first three of those in particular are a breath of fresh air.