[ovs-dev] Adding a payload to OF packet

Anu Mercian anumercian at live.com
Wed Nov 27 01:29:08 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,
I am trying to see ways I can attach a payload to an openflow packet, for example OF packet-in message, such that I can parse it at the controller. Is there anyway to do this? In which module of openvswitch can this be set. For example, I would like to add a command in the payload, which I want the controller to be able to parse and recognize to perform.
I see that in the controller (in my case floodlight controller), there is an option to the OF packet-in message named packetData, where as in openvswitch I could not locate it, maybe I am looking at the wrong module.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you in advance,Anu