[ovs-dev] hackathon day 2 update

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Sat Sep 7 18:13:10 UTC 2013

Here's my summary of the status of the Open vSwitch hackathon as of this
writing.  Keep the patches coming in, and feel free to jump in on
#openvswitch on irc.freenode.net if you want to coordinate in real time.

Completed and In-Progress Tasks
      He determined that it was not a bug.

    * Daniel Baluta <dbaluta at ixiacom.com> corrected a comment in the
      openflow-1.3.h header file.

    * Alexandru Copot <alex.mihai.c at gmail.com> implemented
      OFPT_GET_ASYNC_REQUEST and OFPT_GET_ASYNC_REPLY.

    * Andy Zhou <azhou at nicira.com> implemented the OpenFlow protocol side of
      OFPT_TABLE_MOD.

    * Simon Horman has submitted code for the Write-Actions
      instruction and the software switch implementation of groups.
      Jarno Rajahalme <jrajahalme at nicira.com> has provided review
      feedback.

Claimed Tasks
-------------

The following tasks have been tentatively claimed already:

    * Simon Horman is working on MPLS.

    * Daniel Baluta <dbaluta at ixiacom.com> is working on on-demand flow
      counters, e.g. OFPFF_NO_PKT_COUNTS and OFPFF_NO_BYT_COUNTS.

    * Venkitachalam Gopalakrishnan <gops at vmware.com> is working on
      QUEUE_GET_CONFIG_REQUEST and QUEUE_GET_CONFIG_REPLY messages.
      OVS has never implemented these at all, which is more or less a
      bug.  We should implement at least stubs for these.

    * Kyle Mestery <kmestery at cisco.com> and Pritesh Kothari
      <pritkoth at cisco.com> are working on:

       - Rework tag order.

       - OpenFlow 1.3+ multipart requests infrastructure.

    * Alex Wang <alexw at nicira.com> is working on auxiliary
      connections.