[ovs-dev] [threaded-learning 06/25] ofproto-dpif: Remove vestigial "clogged" feature.

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Wed Sep 11 20:42:16 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 01:10:50PM -0700, Ethan Jackson wrote:
> In rule_expire() can we be can we trust the rule->up.pending
> assertion on alternate ofproto providers?  I'm not sure if alternate
> ofproto providers actually exist so it may not matter.  Perhaps we
> should ditch rule->up.pending entirely?

There is some confusion here.  The assertion is in ofproto-dpif, so it
does not execute when some other ofproto provider is in use, so there
is nothing to trust with alternate ofproto providers.

Before this commit, ofproto-dpif did not ordinarily ever defer
completion of a flow_mod, but it was possible to use "ovs-appctl
ofproto/clog" to force deferring completion, which allowed some basic
debugging of deferred completion.  I only ever used that feature once,
while doing initial debugging of the deferred completion feature.  I
intend in future commits to make changes that will make deferred
completion harder to implement in ofproto-dpif, so this commit removes
that feature in advance.

Actually the previous paragraph is pretty good, I'll add it to the
commit message.

> Acked-by: Ethan Jackson <ethan at nicira.com>

Thanks,

Ben.