[ovs-dev] [openflow-discuss] Quick experimenting with OVS on OpenWrt

Alison Chan chan7781 at kettering.edu
Tue Apr 8 21:29:20 UTC 2014

Thanks Ben. I just subscribed to dev at ovs list.

I was able to take the router back up to the lab (I had been testing
it with laptops in my office). With two gigabit ethernet hosts on the
data plane, throughput (tcp iperf) is 450~460 Mbit/s. I will test
things a bit more tomorrow (e.g. adding 802.11 clients) and if all
goes well then I will move all five of our TP-Links to OVS.

I was not expecting throughput with OVS to be 11 times better than
Pantou throughput -- I had to double check things to make sure the
switch was still OpenFlow enabled and not just using hardware learning
switch!

Cheers,
Alison