[ovs-dev] OpenFlow rule deletion during port destroy

Zoltan Kiss zoltan.kiss at citrix.com
Tue Apr 15 23:59:20 UTC 2014

Hi,

I came accross a problem recently, where the destroying of a VM's port
(with ovs-vsctl del-port) seems to blow away other OpenFlow rules from
the userspace. It seems to me logical for ovs-vswitchd to delete the
associated OpenFlow rules when the port is deleted, but I couldn't find
in the code where it happens. And as far as I can see in the OpenFlow
connection's monitoring, the controller doesn't do it either.
So my question is, who does delete the rules associated to a port during
teardown? I might have overlooked something in the ovs-vswitchd code,
and it happens deferred somewhere else, but can someone point me there?

Regards,

Zoltan Kiss