[ovs-dev] [PATCH v3 2/8] lib/ovs-atomic: Elaborate memory_order documentation.
blp at nicira.com
Tue Aug 5 18:06:26 UTC 2014
On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 03:21:48PM -0700, Jarno Rajahalme wrote:
> The definition of memory_order_relaxed included a compiler barrier,
> while it is not necessary, and indeed the following text on
> atomic_thread_fence and atomic_signal_fence contradicted that.
> memory_order_consume and memory_order_acq_rel are also more thoroughly
> Signed-off-by: Jarno Rajahalme <jrajahalme at nicira.com>
This is great.
Here's one spelling fix:
diff --git a/lib/ovs-atomic.h b/lib/ovs-atomic.h
index d9c506a..064bfcc 100644
@@ -178,7 +178,7 @@
* Prevents movement of memory accesses like an acquire-release barrier,
* but whereas acquire-release synchronizes cooperating threads (using
* the same atomic variable), sequential-consistency synchronizes the
- * whole system, providing a total order for stores an all atomic
+ * whole system, providing a total order for stores on all atomic
* The following functions insert explicit barriers. Most of the other atomic
Acked-by: Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com>
More information about the dev