[ovs-dev] datapath-windows: Could we rename the files please?

Nithin Raju nithin at vmware.com
Tue Aug 5 22:43:29 UTC 2014

Sam,
One thing to note is that there's thought that has gone into organizing the files by functionality, and the names of the files indicate so. For someone familiar with how a OVS datapath works, it should not take a lot of time to figure out which file implements a particular functionality. I don't know how much creating separate directories would buy us.

A basis of comparison we have is to look at the kernel module on Linux. The code is fairly well organized by functionality and file names. There are not a whole lot of directories. Another basis of comparison is how lib/ is organized in userspace.

But, I'd be interested in listening to a proposal.

thanks,
Nithin