[ovs-dev] Agenda for IRC neeting for 8/13

Nithin Raju nithin at vmware.com
Mon Aug 11 17:34:43 UTC 2014

On Aug 11, 2014, at 10:04 AM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com>
 wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 04:19:41PM +0000, Nithin Raju wrote:
>> 5. Samuel's reviews:
>>   * I'll let Sam and Alin fill this in.
>
> I hope that code reviews will be mainly on the mailing list.  That's
> much easier to track.  By my count, patches 7 through 13, plus patch
> 15, of Samuel's 15-patch series have not received any comments so far.
> I don't have much personal judgment of this work, so I'm relying
> almost entirely on others' comments to decide when it is ready to
> apply.

hi Ben,
One general protocol we want to settle for the immediate future is to have a github "issue" for each patch sent out. This is just a general rule, and there can be exceptions when the patch is obvious.

That said, the review comments that have gone out (thanks Saurabh and Alin), have led to a "let's discuss this during the meeting". So, we want to bring that up here. Sure, we can have some comments about patches 7-13, and 15, but this meeting will clarify some of the approaches.

Yes, as regards to reviews, we'll do the bulk of the reviews, to get a patch to "apply-able" state.

thanks,
Nithin