[ovs-dev] [PATCH] FAQ: Mention kernel support for MPLS in Open vSwitch 2.4.
blp at nicira.com
Thu Aug 14 18:17:30 UTC 2014
The recent mailing list thread about MPLS reminded me that the FAQ needs an
CC: Simon Horman <horms at verge.net.au>
Signed-off-by: Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com>
FAQ | 14 ++++++++------
1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
diff --git a/FAQ b/FAQ
index 3470983..d98c091 100644
@@ -1239,12 +1239,14 @@ A: Before version 1.11, Open vSwitch did not support MPLS. That is,
packet. Kernel datapath support is unchanged from earlier
- Open vSwitch version 2.2 will be able to match, push, or pop up to
- 3 MPLS labels. Looking past MPLS labels into the encapsulated
- packet will still be unsupported. Both userspace and kernel
- datapaths will be supported, but MPLS processing always happens in
- userspace either way, so kernel datapath performance will be
+ Open vSwitch version 2.3 can match, push, or pop up to 3 MPLS
+ labels. Looking past MPLS labels into the encapsulated packet will
+ still be unsupported. Both userspace and kernel datapaths will be
+ supported, but MPLS processing always happens in userspace either
+ way, so kernel datapath performance will be disappointing.
+ Open vSwitch version 2.4 will have kernel support for MPLS,
+ yielding improved performance.
Q: I'm getting "error type 45250 code 0". What's that?
More information about the dev