[ovs-dev] [DPDK Upcalls v2 3/3] dpif-netdev: Streamline miss handling.

Joe Stringer joestringer at nicira.com
Mon Aug 18 04:44:58 UTC 2014

On 13 August 2014 06:24, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:

> dp_netdev_flow_add() goes to some trouble to log matches as if they
> were provided as datapath flows, even though they aren't.  I think
> that match_format() would be simpler and probably less confusing.

In the majority of cases, I agree---however there are a couple of specific
tests in tests/dpif-netdev.at that would benefit from having datapath flow
format, as a way to detect whether flow translation is correct or not.
Can we somehow provide the option to log these in full format?

(The tests are "dpif-netdev - miss upcall key matches flow_install and
"dpif-netdev - miss upcall key matches flow_dump".)