[ovs-dev] Adding a new action to flow rules

Aditya Kamath adityakamath at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 14:48:18 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I am a student newly starting to work on a research project on OpenVSwitch. I have to add a data structure to the OVS kernel module to perform some statistics of the incoming packets. Also I want to be able to control this data structure from the controller, and make this data structure a part of a flow rule action.

I tried tracing through the code to figure it out myself , but I haven’t been able to figure it out.
Could someone please give me directions on how to achieve this?

Thanks and regards.
Aditya Kamath