[ovs-dev] Support for MCAST_Snooping

Aman Kumar amank3107 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 09:46:34 UTC 2014

> It supports only IGMPv1 and IGMPv2, so make sure the membership
reports are using either one of those versions.

The multicast snooping works as part of action NORMAL, so if you
are steering your traffic using other flow actions, then it wouldn't
work.

Yes, action is NORMAL. I am using Ubuntu-12.04 and man page of Ubuntu says
variables net.inet.igmp.v2enable and  net.inet.igmp.v1enable are enabled by
default in the link  "
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/precise/man4/igmp.4freebsd.html" . But
i am not able to see these variables in any of the files . I checked
/etc/sysctl.conf file also, but i didn't find anything in this file.

Can you please help me how to check IGMPv1 and IGMPv2 is enabled  or not in
Ubuntu-12.04 ?