[ovs-dev] OFPFMFC_OVERLAP Error

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Wed Dec 3 18:15:19 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 03, 2014 at 10:13:32AM -0800, Jarno Rajahalme wrote:

> On Dec 2, 2014, at 11:34 AM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:

> >> Do you have evidence to support this interpretation of the OpenFlow
> >> specification?
> >
> > In fact, this is an unresolved question in the OpenFlow specification
> > working group.  Open issue EXT-406 addresses it.  I just added a
> > comment to try to revive the issue.
>
> I bumped to this while working on the OF bundles code.. Would you mind
> summarizing which way EXT-406 proposes to address this?

EXT-406 simply aims to resolve the question of whether a flow is
considered to overlap an existing identical flow, that is, whether a
flow_mod request for such a flow with OFPFF_CHECK_OVERLAP set should be
rejected.  The discussion in the ticket is about which direction it
should be resolved.  I don't feel like I have a dog in that fight, so
I'll let the people who do make the decision.