[ovs-dev] Support for MCAST_Snooping

Neethi Shashidhar neethi209 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 04:21:37 UTC 2014

Hi,

    It is a openstack setup that we are using. To be more clear with the
configuration:

     -> we have set  *mcast_snooping_enable=true* on *br-int* of OVS on
both the compute nodes.

     -> *mcast-snooping-flood=true *for *Patch-tun* port of br-int on both
compute nodes ( so that the multicast traffic reaches the compute node 2
via br-tun).

we can see that the igmp membership report is recieved on *br-int* (via
br-tun) of compute node 2 ,which may be sent via vm1 or vm2( Acting as
Recievers) .Flows on* br-int *of the compute nodes have "*normal*" action.
An *mdb/show* on the first compute node shows that the packets have been
snooped. The same is not true for the second compute node. Is there
something amiss here?

Regards,
Neethi