[ovs-dev] OVS DPDK support technical direction

Traynor, Kevin kevin.traynor at intel.com
Thu Dec 18 13:32:02 UTC 2014

Hi John,

The path using DPDK through the netdev can use the exact match cache in dpif-netdev.c to enable very fast switching. You could think of this as an equivalent to the fast path in OVDK. Have a look at the rates that Madhu Challa presented at the OVS Fall Conference on Slide 3 http://openvswitch.org/support/ovscon2014/18/1600-ovs_perf.pptx

Thanks,
Kevin.