[ovs-dev] Error after inserting MPLS flow using OVS2.0

Madhusudhan Kandadai madhusudhan.opendaylight at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 8 02:09:45 UTC 2014

Thanks Ben for some insights on userspace datapath.

I had a quick peek into the file, INSTALL.space and followed the instructions. Its working fine for pushing a MPLS header for flows. i.e.,
sudo ovs-ofctl add-flow br0 in_port=1,actions=push_mpls:0x8847,set_field:100-\>mpls_label,output:2 -O OpenFlow13

I am able to dump the flows using tcpdump and could see the label.

But, when I try to attempt in pushing two mpls header for a flow, I could not see two labels while using tcpdump that means, the packets are not flowing through it. So, I had an idea to make it work.

What I am gonna do is, send a MPLS header flow from table=0 to the table=1;then send the flow from table=1 to the output:2 with another MPLS header. Is there a way to do this? Or please advice and give some insights on this to make it work?

Thanks much,

Madhusudhan

On Friday, February 7, 2014 8:19 AM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 07:43:55AM -0800, Madhusudhan Kandadai wrote:
> Can you please let me know the differences between userspace datapaths
> and kernal datapaths?

INSTALL.userspace explains how to use the userspace datapath.

> With that being said, MPLS push,pop,match are happening at user space
> data paths. I appreciate if you can point me the documentation, or
> with examples to get familiar with this stuffs.

How do you know that you are using the userspace datapath if you don't
know what the userspace datapath is?