[ovs-dev] [PATCH] ofproto: fix interactions between flow monitors and barriers
blp at nicira.com
Tue Feb 11 20:35:10 UTC 2014
On Wed, Feb 05, 2014 at 07:04:05PM +0900, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> Following OpenFlow 1.4 semantics, make barriers wait for
> flow monitor replies. This should fix a race in
> "ofproto - flow monitoring pause and resume" test.
> Signed-off-by: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamamoto at valinux.co.jp>
I still don't understand this. You cite the following:
* OpenFlow 1.4.0 p.110:
* A OFPMP_FLOW_MONITOR multipart reply can not cross a barrier
* handshake. The switch must always send the OFPMP_FLOW_MONITOR
* multipart reply for a given flow table change before the reply
* to a OFPT_BARRIER_REQUEST request that follows the request
* responsible for the flow table change.
but can you elaborate on your thought process here? After all, when
we're paused we're not sending any flow table changes at all.
More information about the dev