[ovs-dev] Working on ONF Extensions for OF1.3.X

Shivanker Goel shivanker.goel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 12:02:19 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

I am a CS Major, Undergraduate student at IIT Delhi. I was looking for a
roughly 6-7 week project on the lines of extending OVS with OF 1.3+ specs.
So I had a look at the OPENFLOW-1.1+ document in OVS and think that I could
work on some topics in ONF 1.3.X Extensions required for OF1.4. I got
particularly interested in Vacancy Events, Bundles and Table
Synchronization.

So my question is that is someone already working on these features? Any
pointers to relevant information would also be highly appreciated.
Also, keeping in mind that I am not familiar with OVS's code, should I
pursue all 3 of these extensions, or less or more? The expected amount of
effort I'll be putting in is about 7-8 hours a week. As for my experience,
I am familiar with using Mininet with controllers like POX and FloodLight,
and understand OpenFlow.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Shivanker Goel