[ovs-dev] Support for Linux kernels >= 3.12 with the out of tree kernel module

Kyle Mestery mestery at noironetworks.com
Wed Feb 26 22:09:18 UTC 2014

I see this patch [1] in patchwork now from Pravin via James Page.
I pulled this down and started to look at what it would take to get this
also working with 3.13. It looks like the netlink interfaces changed a
bit here. Is anyone working on this at the moment? If not, I'd like to
take this on. Secondly, how are things like this handled in the datapath
now. I'm hesitant to put a bunch of #ifdefs in the code there. Guidance
appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle

[1] http://patchwork.openvswitch.org/patch/2972/