[ovs-dev] adding an option for GRE tunneling without an Ethernet header

Lori Jakab lojakab at cisco.com
Thu Feb 27 18:41:59 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas,

I'm the original contributor of the LISP tunneling code.  Since it was
originally accepted, I have been working on a series of patches to
enable more generic support for layer 3 packets in OVS.  While I was
doint it with LISP in mind, I did consider enabling IP-over-GRE at some
point.  It's great that you're interested in this too!

Instead of this patch, would you consider implementing IP-over-GRE
support based on my patch series?  I will soon post a v3 of it for
review, but you can always find the lastest version in my Github repo:

     https://github.com/ljakab/openvswitch/tree/l3

HTH,
-Lori