[ovs-dev] Windows installer for Open vSwitch.

Alessandro Pilotti apilotti at cloudbasesolutions.com
Mon Jul 14 16:04:36 UTC 2014

Hi Guru,

> On 11.07.2014, at 23:06, "Gurucharan Shetty" <shettyg at nicira.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Alin, Alessandro,
>  I see that you guys at Cloudbase have created an installer for Open
> vSwitch. Is it something you created as an one time effort? Or is it a
> script and one can create a new installer by running a simple command
> for any code commit?

It's an msbuild Jenkins job that builds the installer at every commit, so it can definitely be applied to the final porting as well.

> In the OVS repo, we currently have the
> infrastructure to create RPMS for RHEL, Fedora( rhel/*.spec.in),
> Xenserver (xenserver/*.spec.in) and can generate debian packages
> (debian/* ). It would be nice to have something similar for Windows
> too. We also need a startup script. Is it something that you guys can
> contribute?

Yes, we can definitely do that as son as the porting takes its final shape, as some installer actions depend on the architectural choices that are in the making.

> Thanks,
> Guru

Thanks,

Alessandro