[ovs-dev] Blocking flow rules to be installed in an openvswitch via controller

Arpit Kumar arp8900 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 07:00:37 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I am working with ovs-switch where the ovs-switch say O1 has a controller
say C. Now O1 has some pre-installed rule inside it which I manually
install using ovs-ofctl.
I want the controller C to be connected to it but I want O1 to ignore all
flow-rules that is tried to be install by my controller C.
Now this may seem strange but I need this kind of functioning to monitor
the flows that C attempts to install without actually installing it on the
O1.
Is there any way to do it in the ovs-switch level currently?
If not, please tell where to look in the ovs source code to block such
rules from being installed.

Thanks
Arpit