[ovs-dev] [batch v2 5/5] dpif-netdev: Batch megaflow lookup.

Ethan Jackson ethan at nicira.com
Mon Jun 30 21:32:01 UTC 2014

> Would it make sense to batch the upcalls as well, i.e. collect them up and then issue them with a single dp_netdev_output_userspace()?

Yep, Ryan is working on that.

> It would seem that starting from the newest batch and looping backwards might find the batch sooner, especially if the packets of a batch arrive back to back.

True.  I talked about this offline with Pravin, and we think that the
best thing is to simply limit the number of packet_batches you're
allowed to have per batch.  If it's something like 4 then it shouldn't
matter.  Does that sound reasonable?  If so I'll do it as a separate
patch.

Ethan