[ovs-dev] [RFC 8/9] revalidator: Only revalidate high-throughput flows.

Ethan Jackson ethan at nicira.com
Fri Mar 7 01:45:47 UTC 2014

> Initial testing shows a modest improvement in TCP_CRR performance (~10%)
> when the switch is constantly revalidating.

I'm surprised its only 10%, do you have a sense of why?  Perhaps when
running TCP_CRR we delete the flow the first time we see it, and we
need to do xlate_actions() to generate the list of things to push
stats to anyways?  If this is what's going on, do you think if the
miss handlers installed the ukeys this benefit would be larger?

Ethan