[ovs-dev] Help for java (bindings?) development

Pasquale Dir phate867 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 12:09:05 UTC 2014

Hello,
I'd need to create some java apis who would allow to interact with
openvswitch, creating bridges, adding ports, creating gre tunnels...in
short: the exact same thing ovs-vsctl does.

As c code seems fairly complex I write here to ask your help.
I have two ideas:
1)Make some java bindings using jna. This would require a .so version of
ovs-vsctl..if making it is not complicated it would be the fastest option,
but I would need some help in order to create it (or, if some good guy
wants to compile it for me I would really appreciate it).
2)From what I understood ovs-vsctl just interacts with the db using json,
so I could create my own library. But I don't know on which port db waits,
if some authentication is needed, how tables are made, what syntax use,
ecc. So in this case I would need some reference.

Not to mention that if I get this library done I would share it with you
and the community under the same license openvswitch is released (should be
lgpl right?).

Pasquale