[ovs-dev] hackathon idea list

Alexandru Copot alex.mihai.c at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 19:24:42 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 7:11 AM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:

> OpenFlow 1.4 Role Status Message
> --------------------------------
>
> OpenFlow 1.4 section 7.4.4 ``Controller Role Status Message''
> defines a new message sent by a switch to notify the controller that
> its role (whether it is a master or a slave) has changed. OVS should
> implement this.

The spec mentions at least 2 reasons to send this: when another controller
asks for a role change and when the configuration of the switch has changed.
For the first one I've done an implementation on the previous hackathon.
However, I don't see how can we change the role of a controller locally.
The database is updated with the OpenFlow connection state. Do we also
need to add an option to do this in reverse ?