[ovs-dev] Pass options to systemd openvswitch.service

Flavio Leitner fbl at redhat.com
Tue Nov 25 01:45:02 UTC 2014

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 09:31:18AM -0800, Alex Wang wrote:
> Hey Flavio,
>
> We encountered this issue recently:
>
> The /etc/init.d/openvswitch script can take options like --save-flows=
> which will save and restore all OpenFlow flows during restart...
>
> However, this does not work on RHEL 7.  Since my understanding is
> that all /etc/init.d/openvswitch command will be ignored and the
> corresponding systemd service will be run...  And systemctl does not
> take options...
>
> Do you know if there is any workaround?

This is not specific to RHEL 7, but with any distro currently integrated
to systemd.

The issue is that systemd allows only the standard commands:
start, stop, reload, force-reload, status, restart and try-restart.

Anything besides the list above could be converted to standalone
helper scripts.  The problem is that we need individual control over
the two daemons which currently we don't have to restore the flow
tables.

fbl