[ovs-dev] Modification in ovs-ofctl commands for implementation of Importance parameter.

Shashwat Srivastava shashwat.srivastava at tcs.com
Fri Oct 10 06:06:39 UTC 2014

Hi Team,

We are working on the implementation on eviction mechanism on basis of
importance as per openflow specs-1.4. We have added importance parameter
in the flow entry. And are going through various commands (replace-flows,
diff-flows) for enhancement.

We wanted to confirm about the "ovs-ofctl diff-flows br0 <Filename>"
command gives the output with both signs (plus + & minus -) for flows
which are on bridge and for flows on the file as per the case.
When we are mentioning openflow13 in the command as in "ovs-ofctl -O
openflow13 diff-flows br0 <Filename>", then the output received contain
only the flows written in the file with a plus or minus sign i.e. it is
dumping only the flows of the file and not compairing with the flows on
the switch which it should ideally do.

Query 1: What is the significance by mentioning openflow13 in the
ovs-ofctl -O openflow13 diff-flows br0 <Filename>.

Query 2: When we are adding a flow using default standard (that is not
including importance in the flow) and adding the flow in the file having
importance, then using "ovs-ofclt diff-flows br0 <filename>" we are
getting difference in each flow as the file contains importance and the
flow in switch does not. This is because we are not adding importance
field in the structure ofp10_flow_mod, as discussed with you earlier.
So the question is after implementing these changes how to make the test
case for the same, meaning as the output is having difference so shall
compare the output with the ones we are receiving after doing changes of
importance.

Regards
Shashwat Srivastava
Mailto: shashwat.srivastava at tcs.com