[ovs-dev] 802.1ad patch

Thomas F Herbert thomasfherbert at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 10:47:01 UTC 2014

Dave,

I apologize for being late in responding to your patch,
http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2014-October/047158.html

  I also included an updated patch a few days after you submitted yours,
http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2014-October/047231.html
  I think it is great that you included a self test with your patch. I
think the two patches are similar except that I used the ctci in the
flow instead of the tpid and infer whether 0x8100 or 0x88a8 should be
pushed based on whether it is a 1 or 2 levels of tags.

We probably should collaborate on this effort. I plan to try to merge
the two patches. Minimally, I plan to incorporate your test into my
patch. I didn't write a test but we are testing my patch in real-world
with Cisco and Brocade equipment.

--
Thomas F. Herbert
Network Implementation Engineer