[ovs-dev] '/etc/init.d/openvswitch force-reload-kmod' on RHEL7 fails,

Alex Wang alexw at nicira.com
Wed Oct 22 16:07:00 UTC 2014

Thx for the reply Flavio,

> Sorry, I was out for some days. Anyway as FYI, RHEL-7 and
> probably CentOS7 supports systemd, so we provide systemd service
> for openvswitch.  Therefore, the sysv script isn't supported.

Thanks for notify this,  just searched around, from my understanding,
systemctl dose not have subcommand for reloading the kernel module.

So, seems to me, the only way to reload kmod is to reboot machine...
And that way, the interface configurations are all lost.

Do you know any workaround?

Have you run the script in permissive mode to see if fixing
> that is enough?
> I will try to reproduce in my end as well.

Yeah, if we set selinux to permissive mode or I `semanage permissive -a
openvswith_t`... then I do not have the issue.

> Thanks for the report,
> fbl

Thanks,
Alex Wang,