[ovs-dev] packet_out with modified mac headers

Sree Vidya S D vidya426 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 08:50:30 UTC 2014

h1-----(1)s1(2)---(2)s2(3)---(2)s3(3)----(2)s4(1)---h4
                                |               |
                               (1)           (1)
                                h2           h3

With this topology when I do h1 ping h4 the ICMP packet from h1 goes to
switch s1.
s1 is unaware about the flow so it will send the packet -in message to the
controller.
Iam using floodlight as the remote controller.
In floodlight controller Iam editing the mac headers of the packet in
message and replacing it with the port numbers the packet has to go through
to reach h4.
I can see the modified packet in wireshark but I think
"void ovs_dp_process_received_packet(struct vport *p, struct sk_buff *skb)"
function in datapath.c isnt receiving that particular packet-out message.
can anyone help me with this?