[ovs-dev] Fw: Re: Openflow 1.4: Eviction mechanism implementation

Saloni Jain saloni.jain at tcs.com
Mon Sep 15 12:25:01 UTC 2014

 It would be great help if someone could provide the inputs asap.
Thanks in advance for your inputs and suggestions.

Thanks and Regards,
Saloni Jain
 Tata Consultancy Services
 Mailto: saloni.jain at tcs.com
 Website: http://www.tcs.com
 Experience certainty.	IT Services
 			Business Solutions
 			Consulting

-----Forwarded by Saloni Jain/DEL/TCS on 09/15/2014 05:51PM -----
To: Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com>, dev at openvswitch.org
From: Saloni Jain/DEL/TCS
Date: 09/12/2014 05:00PM
Cc: Deepankar Gupta <deepankar.gupta at tcs.com>, Hiteshi Madan <hiteshi.madan at tcs.com>, Sanjay6 Singh <sanjay6.singh at tcs.com>
Subject: Re: [ovs-dev] Openflow 1.4: Eviction mechanism implementation

Hi Ben/Team,

> I would enable eviction if it is configured through the database or through the OpenFlow connection.

In current implementation, to enable eviction using create table ... overflow-policy=evict, oftable_enable_eviction() in ofproto.c is called which sets table->eviction fields.

I've been trying to do the same using table-mod command implementation but haven't been successful. It would be of great help if you could point me to some piece of code through  which I can call oftable_enable_eviction() or can set table->eviction_fields using mod_table command.

Thanks in advance for you suggestion and support.

Thanks and Regards,
Saloni Jain
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: saloni.jain at tcs.com