[ovs-dev] A Question About How to Modify OpenFlow Message in Open vSwitch

Vivien X.W. Liu lxiaowei at ucalgary.ca
Thu Sep 18 02:53:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am currently working on a project that needs to use Open vSwitch, and
modify the data payload of the OpenFlow messages that are sent back and
forward between the controller and Open vSwitch (data payload here means
the rest of the bits in an OpenFlow message except the 8 bytes OpenFlow
message header) . Only the OpenFlow messages we are concerning about, not
other types of network traffics.

Could some expert please help to point out which part of the source code or
modules I should look into and try to modify? Is there any concern of doing
this?

Thank you! Looking forward to any kind of suggestion or comment.

Best regards,
Vivien