[ovs-dev] Clearification on Source code

Akshay Sahu akshay4923 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 06:25:25 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I've just started working on this project and wants to implement automated
eviction policy in OVS.
So can someone give me headstart and point me in the right direction.

Things I want to know:
Which file insert and remove flow entry in flow table?
There are functions like ovs_flow_tbl_init and other related to flow table
in /datapath/flow_table.c which are called from datapath/datapath.c but who
calls the function in datapath.c is not very much clear to me.

Finally if I make any changes in the source code. How to test the new
version of OSV code?
Is there a way by which I can create OSV and pass it to mininet for testing?

Thanks and Regards,
Akshay Sahu
Final Year, IIT Delhi