[ovs-dev] OVN L3 Design and Some OVSDB question

Gal Sagie gal.sagie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 12:04:48 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I have been helping out to the OVN Openstack integration project and i had a
question.

I know its not yet finalized but is there anyone that can tell me the
direction
the L3 implementation in OVN is going to be?

The main issue i guess is if the model going to be totally proactive (i.e
all SB DB is synced to
all the ovn-controller nodes, which means to all the hypervisors, which
have all the information regarding any VM in the datacenter).
Or is the model going to combine reactive approach (can be either with a
centralized controller for first packets that dont have any match in the
DB, or a hybrid approach to sync request from the centralized DB in case
the local ovn-controller doesnt know what to do with the packet)

I am very interested to know how do we handle scale issues in the first
case, but think the design needs to at least allow extensions that want to
take a hybrid approach.

Thanks
Gal