[ovs-dev] the compose_output_action__() in /ofproto/ofproto-dpif.c

Jarno Rajahalme jrajahalme at nicira.com
Mon Apr 13 20:02:00 UTC 2015

> On Apr 11, 2015, at 12:44 AM, 陈燕明 <diy19901030 at 126.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I have a question about  how the ovs realize communication between  the different bridge?
> I  hvae a configure to ovs:
>   br0: eth0,eth1(both type is netdev)
>   br1:p1,p2(both type is internal)
> Now,I want to transport the package of the eth0 to the p1? How can I realize that. I try to add some code to the vswitched module. I have get  the p1 ofport number and set the action.then I debug to the  /ofproto/ofproto-dpif.c /compose_output_action__(). I find the action is wrong,the outpurt port is not in br1, How can I set the outport is p1.Please give me some sugessions! Thank you very much !
> sincerely

You could set up an additional patch port on each bridge, have the patch ports configured as each other’s peers and use those ports to transmit packets between the bridges. No OVS source code changes are necessary.

E.g., something like this:

ovs-vsctl add-port br1 br1- -- set interface br1- type=patch options:peer=br1+ -- add-port br0 br1+ -- set interface br1+ type=patch options:peer=br1-

Regards,

  Jarno