[ovs-dev] Neutron Container integration.

Salvatore Orlando salv.orlando at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 13:21:47 UTC 2015

Polling for port status is the easiest solution.
In some cases excessive polling does not scale very well.
For instance in large cloud with 1000s of compute nodes, this will put a
bit of a strain on the neutron server.

This why Aaron a while ago implemented [1] for interfacing neutron with
nova.
Basically in this way nova won't have to poll for neutron's port status -
it will receive events for vif plugged and unplugged over a RESTful
interface.
I'm not sure if this is feasible or not, but perhaps you could think about
listening for those events on your container manager.

Salvatore

[1]
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/neutron/tree/neutron/notifiers/nova.py